1 / 1 Picture by: footballgrl16
Butternut Pumpkin Soup
Serves : 6
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash ground nutmeg
- dash ground cloves
- dash ground cinnamon
Preparation:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- In a large microwave safe dish combine pumpkin, onions and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Peel pumpkin. Stir in stock and cook on high for another 20 to 25 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Puree pumpkin, onions and stock in a food processor or blender. Add cream, salt and pepper, and microwave on high for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Flavour with nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon to taste.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!