Lemon Coconut Slice
Makes : 18 squares
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 125g butter
- 250g milk arrowroot biscuits
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 3/4cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 15g butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut
Preparation:5min › Cook:1min › Extra time:1hour chilling › Ready in:1hour6min
- Place condensed milk (1/2 cup) and butter (125g) in a saucepan. Stir over gentle heat until butter had melted and mixture has combined.
- Crush biscuits very finely. Add lemon rind and coconut (1 cup). Mix well.
- Add warm milk and butter mixture to the biscuit crumb mixture. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Press mixture in greased lamington tin. Refrigerate for 1hr.
- Icing: Combine sifted icing sugar, lemon juice, and soft butter (15g) in a bowl. Mix well until smooth. Spread over chilled biscuit base and sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until icing is set. cut into small squares
if you grease to short side of the pan, then place baking paper in and over the edges of the pan, it's easy to pull the slice out in one piece.
Beautiful! I took it to work and my team loved it! The icing really makes this slice special. Definately a favorite! - 23 Jun 2010
- 15 Jun 2010
I have been making this recipe for a few years. my husband's mum has been making it for longer! I love this recipe because it's both delicious and very easy to make. Clean up is also very easy! AND it's no bake! it's perfect for summer because of its refreshing lemon flavour and because it doesn't require use of an oven. All that and it would be perfect to make with kids. - 16 Sep 2012