Extra time:2hours marinating ›
- Marinate the chickens with the marjoram, chilli, za'atar, garlic and a little oil for 2 hours or more, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Roast in a hot oven for 45mins-1 hour, turning once or twice and basting with pan juices.
- Fry the red onion (include a crushed clove of garlic if you like) in a little hot oil until soft, then stir in rice to 'toast'.
- Slowly add stock, stirring as it cooks. When the rice is almost tender, add the coriander leaves and chopped cooked spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chickens and rice with vegetables if you wish.
Za'atar contains spices like sumac, sesame seed, thyme, parsley, oregano, salt, spearmint.