1 person made this
The excellent flavours of tequila and chilli - make this Mexican chicken dish one to remember. This genuine Mexican recipe makes good use of one of the many mild and flavourful Mexican chillies.
6 chicken breast fillets, skinned
1 teaspoon Herbie's Spices Sea Salt, ground
2 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup tequila
1 tablespoon chopped onion
4 Herbie's Spices Whole Pasilla Chillies
1 clove garlic
2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornflour, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Heat butter and 2 tablespoons oil in pan, add chicken and cook on low for about 20 minutes - do not brown.
- Transfer chicken to large saucepan, reserving remaining fat in frying pan. Pour tequila over chicken, ignite, and set aside.
- Reheat fat in frying pan and saute the onion, chillies and garlic for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put the frying pan mixture in food processor with 1 cup stock and process lightly so that the ingredients are still coarse.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in frying pan and add the processed mixture. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes, then add chicken, sugar, remaining stock and tequila, and cornflour mixture.
- Lower heat and simmer until sauce thickens, approx 10 minutes and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate