Egg-Free Chocolate Mousse
Serves : 4
- 225g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids tastes the best)
- 300ml thickened cream
Preparation:10min › Extra time:30min chilling › Ready in:40min
- Break up the chocolate into chunks, and place in bowl over barely simmering hot water. Allow chocolate to melt slowly then stir carefully to combine. Cool slightly if necessary.
- In meantime, whip the cream until just short of "whipped into peaks" stage. If you whip cream into peaks, the resulting mousse will be a bit thick.
- Pour melted chocolate into cream and then pass chocolate bowl to husband or children so they can fight over who gets to lick the bowl.
- Fold chocolate into cream, being careful not to bash all the air bubbles out.
- Transfer into glass dish, and place in fridge for a while - 30 minutes or until firm enough to spoon into 4 small serving dishes.
very very easy and simple (not to mention economical haha!) choc mousse. i melted my choc in the microwave which took a very short time, about 3 min...and used already thick whipped cream....turned out great actually. - 12 Feb 2012
Not sure why this qualifies as a vegan recipe if it contains cream?? Vegans don't eat ANY animal products. - 06 Feb 2011
Absolutely fantastic. Super simple. Tastes great. I recommend buying an extra block or chocolate to add some shavings to the top before you serve it. - 18 Jun 2012