23 people made this
A colourful and tasty dish. The anchovies are an important ingredient for flavour, so don't be tempted to leave them out. Any residual sauce can be served over pasta.
4 green capsicums, halved and seeded
1 (500g) loaf stale Italian bread, crumbled
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
60g anchovy fillets, diced
8 pitted green olives, diced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
1 (410g) bottle of pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place capsicums in a greased baking dish; set aside. Place crumbled bread in a large bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 cup water; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over low heat. Saute onion until translucent then stir in garlic. Let garlic cook for 2 minutes then stir into bread.
- Add anchovies, olives, olive oil, black pepper and chilli flakes. Mix until well blended.
- Fill capsicum halves with stuffing. Surround capsicum with pasta sauce and a small amount of water. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes or until capsicums are tender. Uncover for the last 15 minutes of baking and baste occasionally with sauce.
- 06 May 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate