Indian Chicken Thigh Curry
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3cm cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 8 whole green cardamom pods
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes, or to taste
- 15 whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour › Extra time:1hour15min › Ready in:2hours30min
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onion and ginger garlic paste. Season with curry powder, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods, bay leaves, cloves, chilli flakes, black peppercorns and coriander seeds.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally. At this point the gravy will be runny, if you want to thicken remove lid and cook until liquid is reduced.
Yes, it seems to be missing the add water or stock part to the recipe. - 23 Aug 2012
I added chicken stock and a bit of yoghurt as it was super dry. - 05 Nov 2011