1 / 1 Picture by: kristykk
Risotto with Fetta and Pumpkin
- 3 1/4 cups peeled, cubed pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon finely diced fresh garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 185g fetta cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 cups (400g) Arborio rice
Preparation:30min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour15min
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Brush a baking dish with olive oil.
- Place pumpkin in a steamer over 5cm of boiling water and cover. Cook until tender but still firm. Transfer pumpkin to baking dish and brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.
- Meanwhile; heat olive oil in a saucepan. Cook onion and garlic until tender. Stir in rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add vegetable stock 1/2 cup at a time stirring frequently and allowing all the liquid to be absorbed before adding more stock. Continue cooking until the rice is tender to the tooth and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pumpkin is almost done place fetta on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven until the cheese is hot and is beginning to melt along the edges.
- Mash 1/2 of the pumpkin and stir into the risotto with the spinach. Ladle risotto into bowls and top with remaining pumpkin cubes and heated fetta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!