1 / 1 Picture by: mommyluvs2cook
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggplants, diced with skin
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, diced
- 500g rigatoni pasta (or penne)
- 12 basil leaves, diced
- 12 black olives, sliced
Preparation:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hour
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the diced eggplant in the hot oil stirring frequently until lightly browned; about 10 minutes. Stir in the red capsicum and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low cover and cook until the vegetables are tender; about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile; heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer; season with fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the tomatoes have reduced slightly; about 15 minutes.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly-salted water to a boil; stir in the pasta and cook uncovered stirring occasionally until tender but still firm to the bite; about 13 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Stir the eggplant mixture into the pasta along with the basil and olives. Spoon the tomato sauce overtop to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!