Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Icing
- 1 1/2 cups (185g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups (345g) white sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (165ml) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons milk
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 20cm square cake tin.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour and sugar. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk, oil, eggs, 2 tablespoons peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well and pour into prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- To make the icing: In a large bowl combine 1 cup peanut butter and icing sugar. Beat in vanilla then milk to desired consistency. Spread on cake.
Thankyou very much for this awesome recipe. Your recipe attracted me more than the others because it seemed pretty straight forward with basic ingredients. The whole family loved it and it turned out perfectly, so easy to make. Absolutely delicious and if you are a peanut butter lover, this cake is for you!!! Just quietly, the icing is the best ;-) Thankyou Shuern :-) - 16 Jun 2013