1 / 1 Picture by: Seth'sMom
Eggplant, Cheese and Tomato Bake
- 1/2 cup (60g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small eggplant, sliced into 1/2cm rounds
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 (400g) jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (115g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 230g angel hair pasta
Preparation:20min › Cook:30min › Extra time:50min › Ready in:1hour40min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a plastic bag, combine the flour, breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning. Shake to mix. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Heat the oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. There should be enough oil to thinly coat the bottom of the frypan. Dip the eggplant slices in egg then place in the bag and shake to coat. Fry the slices in the frypan until golden brown on each side. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 23cm square baking dish. Cover with the eggplant slices then top with more sauce. Mix together the ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese; spread over the eggplant. Spread sauce over the cheese and top with tomato slices. Cover with more sauce and spread remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Serve the eggplant tomato bake over pasta.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!