1 / 1 Picture by:
Serves : 4
- splash of olive oil for frying
- 1/2 a diced white onion
- 2 rashers diced middle bacon
- 500g diced chicken breast
- 2 diced carrots
- 1 red or yellow capsicum, diced
- 1/2 a teaspoon each dried rosemary, thyme & marjoram
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash Worcestershire sauce
Preparation:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour
- Heat the pan and fry the garlic and olive oil till fragrant.
- Add the onions cook till translucent but not brown, add the bacon then brown the chicken in the same pan.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and herbs cook till the vegetables soften
- Add the whole bottle of wine and bring to the boil for 2-3 minutes place the lid on the pan (I always use a tagine but a saucepan or casserole dish works just as well) and reduce to simmer on a low heat for at least 45 minutes until it no longer tastes 'winey' and it has thickened. The longer you cook it the better it tastes :)
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!