Chicken with a Cashew Crust
Serves : 4
- 1 1/4 cups apricot jam
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cashews
Preparation:5min › Cook:25min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Combine the apricot jam, mustard and curry powder in a large frying pan and heat over low heat. Stir constantly until jam is melted and smooth.
- Place cashews in a shallow dish or bowl. Dip chicken breasts in the apricot/mustard sauce mixture and then roll in the nuts to coat. Place chicken in a lightly greased 23x33cm oven proof dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Boil any remaining sauce and serve on the side with the baked chicken.
Something else. My husband and I really liked this chicken. Things I did to make it better were... Chopped the cashews finely in the food processor, so they were fine enough to stick to the chicken. Pounded the chicken to a little less than a half inch, so it was more tender. Then I cooked the chicken on a cooling rack over a baking tray lined with aluminium; this kept the bottom of the chicken from getting soggy. - 29 Sep 2008
Great tasty, easy recipe! Some other reviewers thought that there wasn't enough taste. I found that you have to pour the extra sauce over the chicken before serving, and that adds the taste you need. Also, I omitted the curry and used garlic and a dash of teriyaki sauce instead, and substituted well crushed peanuts for the cashews. The sauce came out like a nice tangy duck sauce. Orange marmalade would work well in this recipe. Next time I will try cranberry sauce, port and cinnamon or allspice for the sauce, with minced walnuts as the crust. Thanks Brennan for a great recipe! - 29 Sep 2008
Oh my!!! This is divine, what a gorgeous flavour and so easy. My only problem was that some of the cashew coating came off which obviously affected presentation but will definitely make this over and over again. - 08 Nov 2010