3 people made this
This Macadamia Slice is is a great use for macadamias. Depending on the size this recipe makes from 1 to 3 dozen bars.
2 cups (250g) plain flour
2 cups (500g) packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon bi carb soda
1 cup (250ml) sour cream
1 cup diced macadamia nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly grease one 20 x 30 cm baking tray.
- To make the base; start by combining the flour and brown sugar in a large bowl. Then rub or cut in the butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Press evenly into the baking tray.
- For the filling; whisk the egg until thick and light coloured, then whisk in the bi carb soda. Stir in the sour cream; mix until well combined.
- Pour the filling over the base and distribute diced macadamia nuts evenly over the top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until firm. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool. When cool cut into squares or bars.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate