1 / 1 Picture by: ANDRONICKY
Chicken and Prawn Fried Rice
- 1 cup (200g) uncooked white rice
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 green chillies, diced
- 250g skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 250g peeled and deveined prawns
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (Indonesian Kecap Manis)
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:2hours chilling › Ready in:2hours35min
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed; 20 to 25 minutes. Spread onto a baking tray and refrigerate 2 hours until cold.
- Heat a large frypan or wok over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in eggs and cook until they begin to set, lifting up the edges of the set eggs to allow the uncooked egg to contact the hot pan; about 1 minute. Flip omelette in one piece and cook until fully set; about 30 seconds. Slice omelette into 1cm strips.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Stir in the onion, leek, garlic and chilli. Cook stirring until onion is soft; 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the chicken, prawns, coriander and cumin; mixing well. Cook and stir for approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix in the cold rice, sweet soy sauce and omelette strips; cook until shrimp are bright pink and chicken is no longer pink in the centre; 3 to 5 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!