1 / 1 Picture by:
Chocolate Bacon Fudge
- 3 cups (550g) cooking chocolate chips
- 1 tin (400g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 280g milk chocolate, diced
- 12 rashers good-quality bacon, partially frozen
- 1 pinch salt
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Extra time:5hours chilling › Ready in:5hours30min
- For fudge; melt chocolate chips in a saucepan over very low heat . When the chips are nearly all melted, stir in the condensed milk until the mixture is very smooth and creamy then add the vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. Pour the fudge into a square 22 x 22cm pan and refrigerate until firm; at least 2 hours.
- For ganache topping; place thickened cream and diced milk chocolate into the top of a double boiler over simmering water and stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and pour the ganache over the chilled fudge in an even layer. Return to refrigerator for at least 2 more hours to chill.
- Slice bacon into 1cm squares and place into a large deep frypan. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until evenly browned and very crisp; about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle bacon bits with a pinch of salt.
- Spread the bacon bits over the ganache layer pressing the bacon lightly into the fudge. Return to refrigerator, chill until bacon is cooled, at least 30 minutes; cut into squares.
Partially frozen bacon
The bacon is frozen to make cutting easier.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!