Chocolate Prune Brownies
- 60g plain flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125g pitted prunes, puréed
- 2 eggs
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 20cm square cake tin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, sugar and salt. Pour in oil, vanilla, prunes and eggs. Mix until everything is well blended. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is shiny and a skewer inserted in to the centre comes out clean.
No I do not agree, they are not gooey and indulgent. They are hard and stodgey. The kids didn't even like them! - 29 Sep 2010
Altered ingredient amounts. I used apple sauce in place of the prunes and doubled the recipe. The result was a moist, chewy and slightly cakey brownie! I absolutely loved it and will certainly make it again and again! - 21 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients. The first time I made this recipe I used 7 TB cocoa powder, egg whites and apple sauce instead of prunes (all very good suggestions made by previous reviewers) The resulting brownies were good. The texture was a little rubbery, and you could definitely tell they were low fat. The next time I made them I thought I may as well make them with wholemeal flour and that fixed the texture and improved the nutrition all in one shot. I will coninue to use this great recipe (with the above mentioned suggestions) many many times. - 21 Jul 2008