1 / 1 Picture by: AllrecipesPhotos
Stir Fried Chicken and Chinese Vegetables
- 440g skinless, boneless chicken breast - cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup (125ml) oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (227g) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/4 cup (65ml) water
Preparation:20min › Cook:25min › Ready in:45min
- Combine the chicken, oyster sauce and soy sauce in a mixing bowl until the chicken is evenly coated with the sauce; set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frypan over high heat. Stir in the garlic and onion; cook and stir until the onion is limp, about 1 minute. Add the chicken and marinade. Cook and stir until the chicken has browned and is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of water; season with pepper and sugar. Add the water chestnuts, snow peas and broccoli. Cover; boil until the vegetables are just tender, about 5 minutes. Mix the cornflour with a 1/4 cup of water. Stir into the boiling mixture; cook until thick and no longer cloudy.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!