Buffalo Chicken Wings
Serves : 4
- 20 chicken wings, split and tips discarded
- 125g butter, melted
- 7 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 cup passata or pureed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation:10min › Cook:45min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Roast wings on a baking tray for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine melted butter, Tabasco sauce, passata, chilli powder and cayenne pepper. Mix together.
- Dip cooked wings in sauce to coat well, then shake off excess and return coated wings to baking tray. Reduce oven temperature to 120 degrees C and bake for another 15 minutes.
Used different ingredients. These are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I could live eating just Buffalo Wings. I added some honey, worchestershire sauce and chilli sauce to the mixture to give it a sweet and spicy taste. - 29 Sep 2008
From the "inventor": The ingredients are key... allrecipes didn't mention my notes (if you want to taste them the way I intended). Instead of "3/4 cup tomato sauce", use 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon "no salt added" tomato sauce (proportion is critical), Franks Red hot cayenne sauce (nice vinegar/pepper balance), Tone's chilli powder (seems to have proportionally less salt than average). I usually deep fry the wings for 10 minutes. Baking is lower fat, but 30 minutes is a probably a little too short. I like spicy food, and with the called for 1 tsp ground cayenne with the other proportions gives a good "bite" IMHO. Hope you all enjoy... thanks for the nice comments!!! - 29 Sep 2008
190 C = 375 F - 14 Jan 2012