Roasted Red Capsicum Bruschetta
- 1 baguette or ciabatta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 350g roasted red capsicums, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- half a bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped (optional)
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Preparation:10min › Cook:5min › Ready in:15min
- Preheat the oven grill.
- Cut bread into slices about 2.5cm thick. Brush each slice on one side with olive oil. Grill, oil-side up, until just golden. Remove and cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together capsicum, garlic, tomato, basil and onion. Spoon mixture evenly on each toasted slice and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.
Used different ingredients. I think you need to add some parmesan cheese. - 20 Mar 2009
Used different ingredients. Excellent and easy starter or canape. Added some chopped up black olives for colour. Delicious and will definately make again and again. - 08 Oct 2008
This is a great twist on the classic tomato-based bruschetta. The balsamic vinegar gives it a little extra bite, while the roasted capsicums lend a savory sweetness. Definitely a big hit at parties. - 08 Oct 2008