1 / 1 Picture by: Alec
Chinese eggplant with garlic-soy sauce
Serves : 6
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Chinese eggplants, halved lengthways, then cut into 2cm slices
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried red chilli flakes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Heat the oil in a wok or frypan over high heat. Add the eggplant and stir the eggplant until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the water, dried chilli flakes and garlic. Cover and simmer until all the water is absorbed. Meanwhile, mix sugar, cornflour, soy sauce and oyster sauce together in a bowl until sugar and cornflour have dissolved. Stir sauce into the eggplant, making sure to evenly coat the eggplant. Cook until the sauce has thickened.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!