Delicious Shortbread Biscuits
- 500g butter
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 4 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) rice flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar; for dusting
Preparation:2hours › Cook:30min › Ready in:2hours30min
- Preheat the oven to slow (150 degrees C).
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the sifted flours; press the mixture together with hands to form a firm dough. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper until 1cm thick. Using a 6cm cutter, cut rounds from dough. Place onto greased oven trays and sprinkle with the white sugar.
- Bake in a slow oven for about 30 minutes or until a pale straw colour. Stand the shortbread on the tray for five minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Very nice - 14 Dec 2012
Will definatly try this - 29 Nov 2010
It was delicious and the sugar on top was a perfect touch! - 14 Dec 2009