Balsamic Broccoli with Basil
Serves : 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- half a bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 500g broccoli florets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Add in the tomatoes and juice, vinegar and basil and simmer until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Place the broccoli on top of the tomatoes, and season with a little salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender. Do not over cook the broccoli, it should be a vibrant green. Pour into a serving dish, and toss to blend with the sauce before serving.
Used different ingredients. Very good.I also added some red onion and served with Feta on top.You can add crumbled Feta a couple of minutes before serving so that it melts. - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. Good recipe. I added chicken breasts and served it over pasta. - 29 Sep 2008
Good side dish and a nice change from plain broccoli. I needed to simmer it a little longer because the tomato sauce was too watery. The broccoli was perfectly crisp. - 29 Sep 2008