42 people made this
I went to a Christmas party few years ago and I had a piece of vanilla slice. I liked it so much that I've been making it ever since.
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
600ml carton thickened cream
100g packet instant vanilla pudding mix
1/4 cup icing sugar, plus 2 teaspoons extra for dusting
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to very hot, 220 degrees C. Lightly grease 2 baking trays.
- Place 1 pastry sheet onto each tray and prick with a fork.
- Score 1 sheet into 4cm squares.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Press down slightly to flatten. Cool.
- In a small bowl, using an electric mixter, beat together cream, pudding mix, icing sugar and vanilla extract for 3-4 mintues, until thick and creamy.
- Spread mixture onto plain sheet of pastry, top with scored pastry sheet. Dust with extra icing sugar.
- Serve cut into 8cm squares.
have also made this vanilla slice but instead of puff pastry have used the lattice biscuits, just cover the bottom and top with them. so easy and delicious
- 07 Jan 2014
I made recipe exactly as per recipe. It is fairly rich so I cut it into fairly small squares. Definitely a keeper!
- 17 May 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate