Randomly put this together one evening with things I discovered in the fridge, it is a favourite at home and all my works mates make it themselves as well. Wonderful with a green salad for dinner or you can slice them up into portions for BBQs.
1. Cut all fat off chicken breasts and slice length ways down the middle of the breast. Careful not to cut all the way through or the stuffing falls out the bottom.
2. Mix into a bowl Feta cheese, cream cheese, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic salt & pepper (all the ingredients except the bacon) until is becomes a paste.
3. Spoon the filling into the slices of the chicken breast, doesn't matter if you've added a bit extra to the mix, you can overfill the beasts if need be, the bacon keeps it moist.
4. If you are using streaky bacon, just wrap some slices around the breast, if you have middle of shoulder etc, you get 2 rashers of bacon, slice each of them lengthways and then wrap the equivalent of one rasher round your chicken and fasten with a toothpick underneath.
5. Place on a baking tray on some baking paper and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about an hour. Do check in from time to time after 30 minutes are some ovens do vary. The bacon should be reasonably crispy and the chicken will be wonderfully moist inside.
Fabulous! We loved this dish. It was easy to prepare and the filling had amazing flavor. Instead of cutting a pocket in the chicken breast - I actually pounded out the chicken breast to about 1/2" thick, put the filling on the thick end and rolled. I then closed the ends with toothpicks. It cooked evenly and stayed moist and juicy. I wasn't crazy about the texture of the bacon, so, next time I will probably partially cook the bacon so it crisps up a little more in the oven. - 20 May 2013