Chilled mango cheesecake
- 250g packet plain sweet biscuits
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 x 250g packets cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely-grated lime rind
- 300ml thickened cream
- 1-2 ripe sliced mangoes
- 3 passionfruit
Preparation:30min › Cook:8hours › Extra time:3hours30min › Ready in:12hours
- Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round springform pan. Line base and side with baking paper. Place biscuits in food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add butter. Process until combined. Press biscuit mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Place pan in fridge.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and lime rind. Beat for 2 minutes. Add cream. Beat for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick. Spoon into prepared pan.
- Place mango in a food processor. Process until smooth. Fold mango through cream cheese mixture to create a marbled effect. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer overnight or until firm.
- Remove cheesecake to a plate. Stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Top with passionfruit pulp. Serve.
This is a cheesecake to die for with or without the Mango. Any fruit would be suitable. - 16 Jan 2010
I tried it and loooooooved it! I did change it a tad though... I'm not a fan of passionfruit so I just put fresh mangoes on top instead. It. Was. Awesome. Congrats on the recipe. - 21 Dec 2011
I tired baking this cake about 2 months ago as my son love Mango cheesecake. I am not one who does baking and thought i give it a go. I was totally surprised by how easy it was to bake but more so, by how tasty it was. My son even asked me where i bought them from. I did improvise a little by putting in only half the stated quantity of sugar. Still, it was most delicious. I will most definitely use this recipe over and over again. Try it if you are considering!!! - 19 Jul 2012