Zucchini and watercress soup
The mellow smoothness of the zucchini in this intensely green vegetable soup provides a subtle counterbalance to the underlying sharp, peppery flavour of the watercress leaves.
Be the first to make this!
2 medium onions
30g unsalted butter
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1kg firm zucchini
a large bunch of watercress
Salt and black pepper
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Heat the unsalted butter in a large saucepan and fry onions over a gentle heat until translucent. Add the stock, cover the saucepan, and bring to the boil.
- Rinse the zucchini, slice thinly, and add to the boiling stock. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the watercress, discard the coarse stems and reserve four sprigs for a garnish. Chop the remainder.
- When the zucchini slices are tender, stir in the watercress. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the lemon and put aside.
- Blend the soup to a purée, add seasoning and lemon juice to taste. Reheat and garnish with watercress.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C, E and folate, and iron and zinc.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 188.8.131.52