- Shell the yabbies; put the flesh aside. Peel and finely chop the onion and the garlic. Chop the parsley to give 2 tablespoons.Finely grate the lime rind and squeeze the juice; put aside.
- Heat the butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan and add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the onion has softened but not coloured.
- Place the onion and garlic mixture, together with the pan juices, into the bowl of a food processor. Add the yabbies, chopped parsley, the lime rind and juice, and the brandy. Process for 10–15 seconds until the yabbies are coarsely chopped.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper and add the horseradish. Process for a further 5–6 seconds. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the sour cream.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on individual plates, spoon on some pâté, garnish with lime wedges and celery, and accompany with toast.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins B group and E, and iodine.
This pâté can be prepared up to 24 hours in advance. Keep it in the refrigerator, tightly covered with plastic wrap, until required.