- Seed and roughly chop the capsicums. Peel and slice the onion. Trim and thinly slice the zucchini.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the capsicums, onion and zucchini over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the canned lima beans and lentils. Tear the basil leaves and roughly chop the fresh tomatoes.
- Add the beans and lentils to the pan, stir gently, then add the basil, fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and vinegar.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper, then heat through, stirring well. Turn into a warm dish, garnish with the olives and serve immediately.
Some crusty wholemeal rolls, warmed in the oven while the salad is heating through, are all you need for a nourishing meal.
Balsamic vinegar has the best flavour, but you can use a good wine or cider vinegar instead.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C and E.