- Rinse and dry the Chinese cabbage, tear into pieces and put into a salad bowl.
- Trim the celery and peel the carrots. Cut into thin matchsticks and add to the bowl.
- Trim the spring onions and slice them and the baby corn diagonally; add both to the salad.
- To make the coconut dressing, squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from the limes and pour it into a screwtop jar. Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, chilli sauce, fish or soy sauce, if using, and season. Shake well to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the dressing over the salad vegetables and toss well together to combine. Serve immediately.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C, E and folate.
Chinese cabbage looks like pale, elongated cos lettuce, which can be substituted if necessary. The whole vegetable can be eaten, apart from any tattered outer leaves.