- Dry roast the sesame seeds in a small frying pan until lightly coloured then put into a bowl.
- Squeeze 1 teaspoon juice from the lemon and add to the seeds. Finely chop the herbs, reserving a few sprigs for a garnish, then stir the chopped herbs into the sesame seeds along with the butter, wasabi paste, soy sauce and Tabasco. Beat until smooth.
- Shape the butter into a sausage, wrap in foil and chill in the freezer.
- Heat a ridged griller plate or frying pan over moderately high heat. Brush both sides of the tuna steaks with the oil and fry for 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Cut the butter into rounds. Transfer the steaks to four plates, place a round of butter on each and garnish with the herb sprigs.
Radishes, pickled ginger, bean sprouts and watercress all make good garnishes for this dish. Steamed new potatoes are a good foil for the flavoured butter.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group and E, and selenium.