- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Cut the baby corn across in half and add to the boiling water with some salt. Simmer for 1 minute then drain.
- Rinse the rocket and spinach leaves and leave to drain.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop the flesh into a large salad bowl.
- Peel the garlic and crush it into the bowl, then add the oil, vinegar, sugar and Tabasco sauce. Season to taste with salt, then stir the dressing together: some of the avocado will merge into the oil, but some small chunks should remain,
- Add the well-drained corn, rocket and spinach leaves to the dressing and toss well. Serve as soon as possible.
If rocket is unavailable, peppery watercress makes a good substitute.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C, E and folate.