- Preheat the griller to high. Put the oil into a bowl, peel the garlic and crush it into the bowl, then stir in the cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Cut the meat into 2.5-cm cubes. Toss in the seasoned oil, thread onto metal skewers and put aside.
- Shred the lettuce and put into a salad bowl. Chop the mint, putting a few leaves aside for a garnish. Dice the cucumber, peel and finely chop the onion, chop the tomatoes and add to the salad bowl.
- Grill the kebabs for 6 minutes, turning once. Meanwhile, season the yoghurt with salt and pepper.
- Remove the kebabs from the griller and put aside.
- Cut the large pitas into four, or slit open the small ones; place, with the salad, on serving plates. Top with the kebabs and garnish with mint. Serve with the yoghurt
Substitute Lebanese bread for the pita bread.
The kebabs can also be cooked on the grill rack of a hot barbecue.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins A, B group, C, E and folate, and calcium, iron, selenium and zinc.