- Boil water in a saucepan; peel the parsnips, cut into small chunks and add to the boiling water in the saucepan with a little salt. Simmer for 8–10 minutes, or until tender.
- While the parsnips are cooking, chop the parsley and put aside.
- Drain the parsnips thoroughly, then return to the saucepan and mash coarsely.
- Add the butter, curry powder and sour cream, season well with black pepper, and beat until the parsnips are puréed.
- Transfer the purée to a heated serving dish. Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the top.
Serve with grilled pork chops or crumbed lamb cutlets.
You can make this purée with a mixture of parsnips and freshly cooked or leftover mashed potatoes.
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
good source of vitamins B group, C, E and folate.