Crunchy Bok Choy Noodle Salad
- 1 medium head bok choy, diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 90g packet instant noodles with seasoning
- 60g blanched slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Preparation:15min › Ready in:15min
- Combine bok choy and spring onions; cover and chill.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and noodle seasoning packet. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Break noodles into small pieces and combine with almonds and sesame seeds.
- Before serving, combine the bok choy and noodle mixtures. Add dressing and toss to coat.
Something else. This was interesting, but a little bland. I added two tablespoons of black bean sauce, some dark sesame oil and a pinch of sugar. I also toasted the almonds as well as the sesame seeds. After those additions to the dressing, this recipe was fabulous, and my husband and two boys *(ages 1 and 3) loved it as well. I made all 8 servings and we polished off the whole bowl. This will easily become a regular recipe in our house!! - 08 Oct 2008
Excellent and easy recipe, the lemon adds a nice touch and the toasted sesame seeds are great! - 08 Oct 2008
I have had and made this in the past and let me tell you, it is FANTASTIC! Definitely a crowd-pleaser! - 08 Oct 2008