Warm Blue Cheese Dip
Serves : 12
- 250g bacon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 600g cream cheese, softened
- 125g blue cheese, crumbled
- 30g chopped walnuts or pecans to taste
Preparation:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon until it is almost done. Stir garlic into the frying pan. Remove bacon from frying pan and drain excess fat. When cool, dice bacon into small pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix bacon and garlic with cream cheese and blue cheese. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish. Sprinkle nuts over and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
My husband and I love blue cheese, which is why I tried this recipe, and it did not disappoint us. I added some spring onion for colour and a pinch of salt for added taste. It was good cold, too. A real taste treat! Thanks - 08 Oct 2008
Fabulous dip! I've made it for several different parties and have always received many compliments. Has lots of flavour and is easy to make. - 08 Oct 2008
Fabulous! I served this with crackers, baugette slices and veggies on Christmas Eve. Rave reviews, even from my husband who says he doesn't like blue cheese. Thanks for sharing! - 08 Oct 2008