1 person made this
A twist on the classic Anzac biscuit!
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups coconut
2 cups plain flour
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried apricots (sliced thinly)
1/2 cup dried peaches or other fruit
3/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
285g melted butter
170g golden syrup
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 tablespoons boiling water
- Mix all dry ingedients together in a very large pan or bowl.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together in a pot until just boiling.
- Blend the baking soda with the boiling water, stirring to dissolve.
- Remove butter mixture from the heat and add the soda mix. Stir gently, and add to the dry ingredients. Blend in well with a wooden spoon, and then use your hands to mix in completely.
- Mould mixture into large tablespoon sized balls - It is important to really squeeze the mixture into a firm ball to ensure a firm biscuit that will not crumble & fall apart after baking.
- Flattern the balls slightly on the baking tray - keeping their round shape.
- Bake at 180degrees C for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- When cool these are even more delicious when you half dip then in melted dark chocolate!
- These keep really well in an airtight container.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate