24 people made this
Nothing special about this one - just very nice!!
2 tablespoons (40g) butter
2 tablespoons (40g) sugar
2 tablespoons (40ml) milk
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
juice of large lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place all ingredients for filling in saucepan and boil until thick stirring occasionally.
- Put aside to cool.
- Melt butter and sugar, add milk and well beaten egg.
- Mix well and add flour. (Note: if dough is too sticky to roll carefully add a little more flour.)
- Roll out and line shallow baking tray with half mixture. Spread with filling and cover with rest of pastry.
- Brush top with milk and prick pastry top with fork.
- Bake in preheated oven till golden brown (about 20-30 mins)
No Oats ! Great simple recipe. I replaced water with orange juice for added zing, and chucked in a bit of cinnamon & cloves
- 14 Aug 2016
Write a review
Click on stars to rate