Mustard Chicken Risotto
Serves : 6
- 1 chicken - or pieces between 2 - 3 kg
- 3 rashers bacon
- corn on the cob or other vegies of your choice
- 3 tablespoons long grain rice (brown or white)
- 1 (500g) jar of Honey Mustard sauce ( Stocked at all Aldi stores)
- pinch of allspice
Preparation:10min › Cook:8hours › Ready in:8hours10min
- Sprinkle the rice on the bottom of the crock pot and place the chicken on top.
- Place the bacon rashes on the chicken.
- Pour the Honey Mustard over the chicken and sprinkle a pinch of allspice all over.
- Place the vegetables on top then cover.
- Do not add any other liquid as the sauce and rice make a lovely gravy. Cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
This was a yummy & easy dish, only downside was didn't know what size to cut potatoes & carrots - potatoes didn't cook had quartered them. The vote at the dinner table was leave potatoes out & maybe put an extra spoon of rice. - 23 May 2010
This was a quick and easy recipe and the kids loved it. The rice and sauce made a tasty gravy - 18 May 2010
Sounds yummy but how do u call this a risotto with only 3tbs rice! And not even arborio rice!! Nevertheless I'm gonna try it - 22 Aug 2012