Nana's Mustard Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 1 cup fluid (e.g. water from steamed vegetables etc is nice)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:2min › Cook:5min › Ready in:7min
- Whisk egg and sugar together.
- Mix egg/sugar mixture with vinegar and fluid.
- Add mustard and flour and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir together over a low heat until thickens - don't overcook or put on too high a heat.
Delicious! - 02 Apr 2011
Love this recipe...so quick and easy..go's lovely with corn silverside - 10 Jul 2012
I doubled the recipe and it was wonderful. The only problem I had was it was a tad too sweet. I am going to make this recipe again. Thankyou for sharing. - 15 Dec 2012