Best Apple Crumble Ever
- 4 apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup (90g) soft dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (125g) plain flour
- 155g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C .
- In a 23cm baking dish, mix sliced apples with brown sugar. In a large bowl, mix together flour, caster sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, beat together egg and melted butter. Stir into flour mixture. Spread evenly over apples.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden and crisp.
Watch a video of it being made…
Altered ingredient amounts. Only used 3 apples, and added 4 feijoas. - 06 May 2010
Used different ingredients. I added a handful of frozen berries to the apples. - 24 Nov 2008
Too sweet, even my husband couldn't finish it and he has a massive sweet tooth. I'll use half the sugar next time - 27 Jun 2011