Yum Yum Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 180g butter
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tablespoons (heaped) cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons corn flakes
- Lemon Icing
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa and add to the butter and sugar. Mix well. Add coconut and cornflakes to the mix and stir together.
- Squeeze into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press down on the top of each ball lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 150 degrees C.
- Place biscuits on a cooling rack while you make the icing.
- To make the icing, mix all icing ingredients together well. Add a little hot water or extra lemon juice if required.
- When biscuits have completely cooled, top each one with a little icing.
I just made these they r mild but the lemon icing realy takes it to the next level. overall its an easy recipe and the kids love them - 04 Mar 2012
Used different ingredients. Used olive oil margarine instead of butter. - 03 Apr 2011
These are really mild-tasting and the cornflakes give a nice crunch. Easy to make too! - 03 Apr 2011