1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 can (400g)chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g instant couscous
Preparation:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Note: to make up the stock use the empty can from the chopped tomatoes.
- Warm the oil in a medium pan or casserole and add the onion, cumin and coriander. Fry onion over a medium heat until soft.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas and stock to pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the couscous. Cover and leave for a few minutes allowing the couscous to swell.
- Break up the grains with a fork and serve warm. Alternatively, allow to cool and keep in the refrigerator as a quick snack!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!