Potato and Leek Soup
- 1 large brown onion diced
- 4 celery sticks sliced
- 6 large potatoes chopped roughly
- 2 leeks sliced
- 200ml unthickened cream
- 2 litres chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of chervil (French parsley) chopped
Preparation:20min › Cook:30min › Extra time:10min › Ready in:1hour
- Cook the onion in a pot on low heat until it is clear and soft.
- Add the leek and cook stirring for ten minutes or until also soft (be careful not to get too much brown stuff on bottom of pot).
- Add the potato and celery and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then turn heat down and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potato is very soft but not flakey.
- Blend together and slowly add cream as you blend (you can add more cream if you like).
- Stir through the chervil to serve (and dont forget some black pepper).
- Serve with hot dark brown bread.
Excellent quick and easy recipe for a wholesome evening soup the whole family and one that can be complemented with a light dinner afterwards. - 29 Jun 2010
This a great recipe! Really easy to make and so delicious - we only used 1 and 1/2 litres of chicken stock and that was more than enough for us - 13 Sep 2012
Yum Yum Yum!!!!!! I made this a few weeks ago and ate the whole lot for work lunches, even on warm days! I made another batch this week but omitted the celery and added cauliflower instead.. Yum!!! Thanks for sharing! - 15 Apr 2014