Potato and Leek Soup
1 / 2
2 / 2
34 people made this
It's the best potato and leek soup I've ever had. A modification of a recipe I first tried at my dear friend Sonja's house.
1 large brown onion diced
4 celery sticks sliced
6 large potatoes chopped roughly
2 leeks sliced
200ml unthickened cream
2 litres chicken stock
2 tablespoons of chervil (French parsley) chopped
Extra time:10min ›
- Cook the onion in a pot on low heat until it is clear and soft.
- Add the leek and cook stirring for ten minutes or until also soft (be careful not to get too much brown stuff on bottom of pot).
- Add the potato and celery and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then turn heat down and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potato is very soft but not flakey.
- Blend together and slowly add cream as you blend (you can add more cream if you like).
- Stir through the chervil to serve (and dont forget some black pepper).
- Serve with hot dark brown bread.
Excellent quick and easy recipe for a wholesome evening soup the whole family and one that can be complemented with a light dinner afterwards.
- 29 Jun 2010
This a great recipe! Really easy to make and so delicious - we only used 1 and 1/2 litres of chicken stock and that was more than enough for us
- 13 Sep 2012
very nice..I used lite evaporated milk as didn't have cream and it still tasted lovely, also omitted the celery and added chopped chives on top.
- 16 Apr 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate