Beer Bread Rolls
- 1 1/4 cups (280ml) dark beer
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 550g bread flour
- 7g dried active yeast
- extra 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Extra time:45min rising › Ready in:1hour25min
- Open beer and allow to reach room temperature and go flat. This will take approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- Combine flat beer, butter, cinnamon, salt and honey in the pan of bread machine. Add flour and yeast being careful that the yeast does not touch the liquid. Select Dough setting, and Start.
- After the dough has risen, remove the dough from the pan. Form into a long loaf; cut to form rolls. Place on a floured baking tray, cover, and allow to rise for approximately 45 minutes.
- Brush top of rolls with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Altered ingredient amounts. This recipe was just what I have been looking for. Turned out great. I just didn't put in the cinnamon. I will make these agian. - 14 Jul 2008
I have made this recipe into rolls and also baked it as a loaf in the bread machine. Either way it turns out great and my husband loves it! - 14 Jul 2008
This is a great recipe. I put the dough in patty tins. - 23 Jul 2013