1 / 1 Picture by: Night Owl
Easy Silverside Pot Roast
Serves : 8
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 kg silverside roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:20min › Cook:2hours › Ready in:2hours20min
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Heat a casserole dish on the stove over medium high heat. Add oil and brown meat all over for about 8 minutes. Remove meat from dish.
- Arrange onion, garlic and 1 bay leaf in the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return meat to dish, place remaining bay leaf on top of meat and cover.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 150 degrees C and cook for 1 1/2 hours. Remove roast to a platter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice, and top with onions and gravy.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!