1 / 1 Picture by:
Chocolate Delight Cake
Serves : 10
- 185g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3/4 cups (190ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (190ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 tablespoons of treacle or golden syrup
- Chocolate Ganache
- 110g good quality dark chocolate
- 300ml whipping cream
Preparation:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Cake: Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease or line a 23cm round cake tin.
- Place all dry cake ingredients into a large bowl, add wet ingredients, then mix well and pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm and springs back when you touch it.
- Remove from tin, slice in half through the middle, leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Chocolate Ganache: Melt the chocolate and 3 tablespoons of the cream together.
- Whip remaining cream for filling.
- When cake has cooled enough, spread a thick layer of chocolate ganache on the inside of each cake slice.
- Spread the whipped cream on the bottom piece of cake and sandwich with the top layer of cake.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!