Chocolate Delight Cake
1 / 1
12 people made this
This is a moist firm sandwich layer chocolate cake with a hint of rum, filled with whipped cream and chocolate ganache.
185g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 medium eggs, whisked
3 tablespoons caster sugar
3/4 cups (190ml) milk
3/4 cup (190ml) vegetable oil
1 tablespoon rum
2 tablespoons of treacle or golden syrup
110g good quality dark chocolate
300ml whipping cream
- Cake: Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease or line a 23cm round cake tin.
- Place all dry cake ingredients into a large bowl, add wet ingredients, then mix well and pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm and springs back when you touch it.
- Remove from tin, slice in half through the middle, leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Chocolate Ganache: Melt the chocolate and 3 tablespoons of the cream together.
- Whip remaining cream for filling.
- To Assemble: When cake has cooled enough, spread a thick layer of chocolate ganache on the inside of each cake slice.
- Spread the whipped cream on the bottom piece of cake and sandwich with the top layer of cake.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate