2 people made this
These orange and white choc chip cupcakes would be the ideal treat for a birthday party or any other gathering topped with a lemon or orange icing.
For the cupcakes
165g butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup (185g) caster sugar
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 1/4 cups (155g) self-raising flour
rind of 1 orange, finely grated
1/2 cup white chocolate bits (optional)
For the fruity icing
90g butter, at room temperature
1 1/3 cup (185g) soft icing mixture, sifted
1 tablespoon lemon or orange juice
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C conventional or 170 degrees C fan forced.
- Beat butter and caster sugar in a mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, gradually beating between each addition, then stir in sour cream.
- Sift flour three times then fold flour and orange rind through mixture. Spoon batter into 20 paper lined 1/3 cup muffin pans.
- Sprinkle the cakes with chocolate bits.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before icing. Spread with icing and sprinkle with coloured sugar.
- To make the fruity icing; combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate