Zucchini and Potato Soup
33 people made this
This is a old favourite recipe that my grandmother used to make us as kids.
3 large zucchini
3 large potatoes
3 chicken stock cubes
3 tablespoons cream
1 tablespoon butter
2½ cups (375ml) water, to cover
salt and pepper
- Chop onion, potato & zucchini roughly.
- Saute with a tablespoon of butter.
- Add enough water to cover, add stock cubes and cook until tender.
- Blend and mash the vegies (with fluid still in pot).
- Add the cream to taste (put more in if you prefer it creamier).
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste.
Make it vegetarian
By substituting stock vegetable cubes for the chicken ones.
add GINGER or GROUND NUTMEG... JUST A SMIDGE
- 04 Apr 2013
I did change this a bit to make it vegan. The proportions seem to be right on. It makes a creamy soup which we all enjoyed. Thank you for the recipe.
- 29 Sep 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate