2 people made this
This has always been a dinner party wow factor recipe. Pass down by my mum this has always turned out perfect.
1 tbs crushed garlic
1 tbs crushed ginger
1 white onion - finely diced
1 can mango slices in natural juice
500g green peeled prawns
50mls Grand Marnier
oil for cooking
Extra time:5min ›
- Puree the mango slices with the juice until smooth.
- Fry in a little oil on medium-high, heat the onion until slightly brown, add the garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute. Add the green prawns and cook until just pink, remove from heat.
- Reduce heat and add mango puree to the prawns and stir until mango puree has been heated through. Do not over cook as the mango will start to turn brown and you will lose the vibrant mango colour.
- Remove from heat and add in the grand marnier, light with a match and stir until the flame has gone. This step is best done in front of your guests for that wow factor - serve straight away.
- Can be served on white rice or in a cocktail glass on a bed of curly lettuce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate